Top 5 Reasons to Build a School Garden (Quoted from FoodCorp)
1) Students learn about farming and where food comes from.
2) They provide hands-on learning opportunities that integrate math, sciences and health lessons.
3) They encourage physical activities.
4) Growing food promotes healthy eating habits.
5) School gardens provide children access to local, healthy and nourishing foods.
Guess … READ MORE
This is truly a “Stumble Upon” giving moment. I know the world is changing for the better when the brand “Tampax” is going biodegradable. Today I was able to buy – on sale – a biodegradable tampon made by Procter & Gamble.
Give 23 / Day 23
Yesterday, GIVE 22 used my purchasing power to … READ MORE
I shop for groceries a lot – a number of times a week in fact. It’s not one of my husband’s favourite occupations. Being a “foodie,” I like to take my time getting inspired by food in a grocery store. I have the ability and imagination to see one ingredient and build an entire meal around … READ MORE