I have come to realized I could do an entire blog, 365 days of the year on “Great Mom’s that Give.” Every time I open twitter or Facebook I seem to have the honour of connecting with another generous Mother. Today’s Mom came to me for a very obvious reason. One of her blogs is called Give Every Day. We are obviously very like minded with a similar mission – creating a better world one day at a time.
Give 218: Day 218
Would you sell your house, give up your job, close friends, family – everything you new to be safe and secure in your life to “give ever day”? Stephanie Shaeffer and her family (Tim her husband and 2 beautiful girls) have done just that. They packed everything up into a “2001 Cameo by Carriage 5th wheel” ( I didn’t even know what that was until I saw the picture!) and they are on the road giving every day for 365 days. There is obviously a similar theme to our sites. Giving every day for 365 days but with one big difference – they are travelling with two young kids across the country discovering new cities and new ways to give everywhere they go. Wow!
I wanted to share some of the simple ways they are giving while on the road that may inspired you for Mother’s Day. Always remember giving can be simple, easy and even fun. It is the thought and energy that goes into the “give” that is so important. I didn’t have to dig to deep into their site to find 5 of my favourite “gives” from “Give Every Day.”
Day #85 Give a Picnic
- Spring is in the air and what a great way to surprise your Mother – take her for a picnic she would love it.
Day #87 Make and give Lemon Bars :
- This give comes with a recipe! The perfect Mothers Day gift or a gift for anyone that needs a lift in their day from a neighbour to a person living on the street.
Day # 78 Give to a Friends Dream
- This give was supported through Kickstarter, a crowd-funding sight. It is to help one person’s life dream come true. You can do this in so many place on the internet or just help a person in your life make their dream come true.
Day #61 Give Flowers for a Garden
- Another great idea for Mother’s Day. Instead of fresh cut flowers this year why not bring plants that you could personally plant, a favourite flower, herbs, even a tree. It will remind your Mom how much you love her every day.
Day #55 Give Literacy to Your Children
- This is a gift that will pass through generations and out into the world. My Mother read to me and I in turn now read to my son every day. Reading to your children teaches them on so many levels. Why not take reading to the next level and volunteer by reading to a senior that can no longer read for themselves?
Stephanie not only manages her family with the support of her husband on the road giving every day but she has another successful blog called Metropolitan Mama. She shares news with Mom’s and has created a site that is filled with great information and a resource for Mom’s everywhere. Stephanie and her family are on Day 89 of their 365 days of giving journey. You can support their journey in many ways but my favourite is this one – “IGIVE.” It’s simple and something we could to bring inspiration to Stephanie and Tim on their journey. Click on IGIVE and share a story of giving you have done. (your name will be put into a draw at the end of the week for prize!). Sharing your giving stories with me or Stephanie keeps the inspiration going and will inspire more people to give every day.
Time Commitment: 5 minutes