The 365give Challenge is as easy as 1,2,3. One give, One child, One day at a time. What began as a yearlong giving project with a mother and her child has grown to reach over 275 children. With your help 354give plans to expand our giving movement to reach thousands in September 2014 but we need your help with our campaign in Idiegogo fundraising campaign and here’s why….
365give started as a dream to change the world for the better.
Teaching children to give has been researched extensively throughout the world. The benefits to the children work directly with the social emotional education they are embracing in the schools every day.
- An increase in happiness and well being
- Better health
- Decrease in depression
- Less bullying
- Better social skills
- Increase in confidence
- Higher grade point averages
Here’s how the 365give Challenge works….
1) Each class participating in the 365give Challenge chooses 5 ways they can give back to the planet, a person or an animal. One give every day over the course of a school week. The 365give Challenge rotates from class to class each week.
2) Teachers work with their students to recorded each give in their school 365give book. They create 1 page each day that describes how their class left a positive footprint on the community and world around them.
3) Each “give” is tracked on the 365give Impact Tracking Board located in the school so students understand the impact they have as they complete their daily gives.
Teachers incorporated their daily giving as part of their every day curriculum using a range of subjects including:
- Environmental Studies
- Creative Arts
The 365give Challenge is an educational program that teaches philanthropy in the most simple, empowering, and exciting way for students and teachers. The program, in partnership with researchers from UBC and SFU, is being researched to reveal the long-term benefits of giving in school-aged children.
Students and teachers have engaged in over 150 “gives” which include:
- Baking 100 dog biscuits to celebrate the 100th day of school and donating them to Paws for a Cause.
- Helping other classes with playground clean up duty.
- Raising money for various organizations locally and globally.
- Bringing trash-less lunches to school as they learn about the environment.
- Doing shore-line clean up in support of the ocean.
- Taking home-made cookies to the fire-fighters to thank them for all they do.
- Working with local seniors.
- Creating videos about animal awareness.
You can read about the students daily giving on our blog.
Our goal is to have an addition 12 schools take part in the 365give Challenge for the school year starting in September 2014. We need your help to do so. We need donations to create a more interactive website which provides teaching tools, “giving” ideas, and support for schools doing the Challenge. 365give would like to create a portal for educators and students to log-on and share their giving ideas while providing a space where they can be celebrated. This grassroots giving movement will expand into a far-reaching global initiative, creating a fertile field for greater good to grow and flourish.
It can be done, with your help.
The beauty of this project is its simplicity and mobility:
One give, once child, one day at a time.
We have learned that sometimes what seems like the smallest give of all,
a smile or a word of encouragement,
can be the very thing that makes the biggest difference.
Check out our campaign on Indiegogo,
Share on Facebook, Tweet our story and spread the news that a new giving movement has begun!